Friday, March 13, 2015

But I Don't Like to Clean!

I know. We're not all suzy homemakers. Not everyone is weird like me and actually enjoys cleaning the dishes. I actually don't like cleaning the dishes. It takes me longer than I care to admit to scrub them so there isn't food pieces left over. But while I stand in front of the hot, soapy water, I pray.

My kids don't really care if the dishes are clean or not. And my husband is on the road most days out of the week. So why do I bother? Well, for one, it's not exactly sanitary to eat off a dirty plate. But no ones sees it, so why does it matter? 

IT DOES MATTER! When no one else sees, God does. And He does appreciate it. Colossians 3:23-24 says, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

So clean, because God is watching and he does appreciate everything you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment