Monday, March 2, 2015

My Why: Part 1 of 3

Ever listen to Skillet's "American Noise" song? Go listen to it right now.

I constantly feel as if I'm now the outsider. I'm a Christian woman that probably would have fit right in with June Cleaver. But I love to exercise, to sing, to dance, to cook, go out to a party, to do what so many other women in America love to do. As I have grown in my faith, I've started pulling back in almost all of these areas. But we as Christians don't need to. I've also been through the depths of despair. I've suffered enough emotional turmoil that I'm thankful God still has me on this earth, and it's by His grace alone.  

I want to help others out there who may be hopeless, or have been, to let you know something better is waiting for you. You can enjoy all the things that God has provided. Faith is hard; it's a difficult journey. But if you only allow yourself to trust in that you will be provided for. I want all people of faith to know they have options for all of these avenues and stay true to their beliefs. 

I'm not perfect. I'm human. I'm flawed. Just ask my husband. Ask my children. Ask anyone who knows my full past. I'm not who I was before I married my husband. In fact, there's an entire decade I'd be thrilled forgetting. I'm a sinner, I've repented and God forgives all sin. Jesus loves me. And He loves you too.

I try my best to treat my body the best way possible. I eat food I shouldn't occasionally, but the next day we get back on the horse and make sure we have healthy foods to eat. I don't always make the doctor appointments when I should and often wait until I cannot wait anymore, but I do go and have wonderful discussions with my doctors about more natural healthcare for myself and my family. And I forget to exercise daily, but I do some exercises while I'm waiting for dinner to cook, or giving the kids a bath. It's okay. I strive for better than my own best. Because I'm worth it. I'm worth it in not only my eyes, but in my Father's eyes. And so are you.

I exercise to Thousand Foot Krutch, Skillet, Red, and so many more Christian bands. I listen to my local Christian station daily in the car with my three children, belting out some Francesca Battistelli. When I had my first child, I listened to a lot of country music, but even that had swearing in it. I didn't want my kids listening to that, so I changed my habits to encompass what I wanted to model for my children. Do as I say, Not as I do isn't a phrase that exactly works, right? Children follow our lead, regardless of what we want for them. So be the role model you want and show others how life is meant to be lived.

This is Part 1 of 3 blog posts. Stay tuned on Wednesday for Part 2 and Friday for Part 3. Follow along with me on this journey of life and living it to the fullest that God has intended for us. Not quite in the world but definitely not apart from it either.

God Bless,
Cristin

No comments:

Post a Comment